I have now completed my concept proposal.
VIEW AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE NEXT TO ‘HOME’
or click >> here
Designing events and workshops isn’t something I have alot of previous experience with. Ive tried to use blue sky thinking as much as possible and embrace every seed of an idea. Often ‘grey-sky thinking’ (cost/impossibility/hazards/etc) will creep in to my mind, but expanding and exhausting every idea and pushing the boundaries of what is possible has really changed my view.
- CONNECTION people with each other, their communities and their city
- PARTICIPATION getting people directly involved in the shaping of their festival, giving opportunities for them to tell their own stories of the city
- GREEN directing people to quieter spaces within and outside the city, perhaps on a directed trail? or treasure hunt?
- CONTRAST juxtaposing the more beautiful parts of the city with those that are more run down or neglected
- PLAY encouraging adults to adopt different views of their environment, though instruction or suggestion?
- IDENTITY finding a way for people to project their identity in the city, this could be in a literal sense or more abstract terms
- MYSTERY parts of the concept being hidden or secret, creating smaller personal experiences
Initial planning for concepts